Friday, July 20, 2012

Orange you glad you got this polish?

Ok, that was an awful pun. I admit it. But I guess summer makes me a little goofy sometimes. All the heat.

Speaking of summer, I'd been looking for a juicy orange polish and picked up a bottle of Catrice Cosmetics Exotica, a limited edition color from their Coolibri range.

My collection of Catrice polishes keeps growing, since they're about three Euros a bottle, they make a ton of great colors and the polish itself is usually very good. The photos I took were three days after I first painted them, and there's almost no wear, including on the tips.

Right hand with glittery ring finger accent nail ;-)

To create this look, I started with my usual one coat of CND Stickey Base Coat.

I then added two coats of Exotica. It has a very fine shimmer in it and applies well with no streaking. The glitter accent nail was one coat of Catrice's A Million Styles Effect Top Coat in Have an Ice Day. I'll do a separate post on that soon because it's probably the most fun glitter top coat I've used. It looks nice here, but in direct sunlight you see this crazy awesome, almost holographic blast of sparkle.

I topped it all off with a coat of Seche Vite topcoat.

Aaaaaand here's the left hand.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment